top of page

NOTICE: These resources, tips, and links do not establish an attorney-client relationship. The Law Office of Donna Jameson, LLC does not receive any compensation for sharing this information nor are we responsible for their content. 


​    Gather Your Paperwork

DIVORCE: The amount of paperwork an attorney will want, need, and what is required for your divorce can be overwhelming. Once you file for divorce or have been served with divorce papers, you will need to begin gathering the following information to assist not only your case but also you during this process:

  • The birth dates and social security numbers of all parties involved, including yours, your spouse, and children.

  • The latest statements for all credit cards, loans, mortgages, and all other debts.

  • The latest statements for all bank accounts, held in your name, your name jointly with another party and your spouse's name.

  • Deed or mortgage statement for the marital home and all other real estate.

  • Year, make and model for all vehicles and the Blue Book Value of the vehicles. 

  • Copies of your latest utility statements.

  • Copy of your last three paychecks.

  • Copies of your spouse’s last three paychecks.

  • Information relating to all 401(k)s, pensions, and other retirement benefits for you and your spouse.

  • Statements for bonds, stocks, and other investments.

  • Tax returns for the last three years; including any business tax returns if the parties own a business.

  • Prenuptial and/or post-nuptial agreements.

  • If the children have daycare costs, a printout of the daycare costs for the past 12 months.

  • All information as to the weekly cost of healthcare coverage for ONLY the children.

  • If the children are in private school and/or college, statements as to the children’s education costs (tuition, fees, books, room and board, etc.)


MODIFICATION: When you set an appointment to speak to an attorney about filing for modification of custody, parenting time, or child support make sure you take a copy of the following documents:

  • A copy of the last Court order on the issue you want to modify.

  • 3 recent pay-stubs and all other proof of income.

  • Proof of daycare costs.

  • Proof of weekly healthcare insurance cost for on the child(ren).

  • Proof of schooling costs/fees.

  • Documents, audio, videos, that support your claim for modification.

This can be very helpful and save time during your initial consult. It will also demonstrate that you are ready and prepared to file for a modification and take the matter seriously. 

Helpful Links

​The following links may be helpful for you during the course of a case and provide valuable information. 

bottom of page